Team-oriented, meticulous Technician, Microbiology to conduct cannabis testing with our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. This position will apply aseptic techniques to carry out the performance of routine tests for a range of microorganism contaminants in raw and processed cannabis products. Joining a strong team of microbiologists and analytical chemists, the successful candidate will demonstrate precise techniques and a collaborative nature. Quality assurance testing is a cornerstone of Canada’s regulated cannabis industry, and this role is critical for the provision of those services to Anandia’s clients.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated entry-level technician looking to work in a dynamic and high-performance team and industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Carrying out microbiological cultivation techniques: pipetting, streaking plates under biosafety cabinet;
- Gram staining methodology;
- Documenting results;
- Extracting DNA (plants and bacteria);
- PCR assays and gel electrophoresis;
- Sampling and aliquoting;
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly work environment;
- Autoclaving media, microbiological waste, and autoclave maintenance;
- Adhering to Anandia’s Quality Management System;
- Safe handling of biohazardous materials and chemicals/reagents;
- Handling and cleaning of laboratory glassware; and
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Microbiology Laboratory Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 year of laboratory experience;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot;
- Know how to work with risk group 2 bacteria (Biosafety Level-2 laboratory);
- Experience working in a biosafety cabinet;
- Multitasking capabilities;
- Must demonstrate good sterile/aseptic techniques in the lab;
- Must have Good Documentation Practices;
- Availability for a flexible work schedule;
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP requirements is an asset;
- Microscope skills are a plus;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment;
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English; and
- Must pass a RCMP Criminal Records Check.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now