Team-oriented, methodical Technician – Analytical Chemist to conduct cannabis testing with our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. This position will carry out the performance of routine tests involving LC and GC analytical methods to characterize raw and processed cannabis-derived products. The successful candidate will also play a role in the development, optimization and validation of existing and new methods. Quality assurance testing is a cornerstone of Canada’s regulated cannabis industry, and this role is critical for the provision of those services to Anandia’s clients.
It’s a great opportunity for a motivated technician with a minimum of 3 years’ experience looking to work in a dynamic and high-performance team and industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Perform analysis of cannabis samples;
- Process and analyze data;
- Maintain the quality and availability of routine reagents and standards;
- Present and discuss data and results in team meetings;
- Assist with, the development and implementation of analytical and bio-analytical methods using LC-MS/MS and GC-MS for the analysis of cannabis metabolites and contaminants;
- Document test procedures and summarize results in reports to Anandia scientists and clients;
- As required, coordinate required maintenance, calibration, and qualification of instruments; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of BSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience;
- Expertise utilizing HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and GC-MS techniques is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with Waters’ MassLynx, Agilent’s MassHunter and Shimadzu’s Lab solution chromatography software is an asset;
- Experience with LIMS for sample tracking is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in analytical method development and validation for small molecules is an asset, particularly in the context of phytochemistry, natural products chemistry, or environmental toxicology;
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently is required;
- You must be a self-motivated, creative individual able to work in a team environment;
- Knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP is an asset;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel; and
- Must pass a RCMP Criminal Records Check.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now