Team-oriented, meticulous Specialist – Accounts Payable to provide all the financial, administrative and transactional support required for a growing Finance team in an award-winning cannabis testing company. If you are interested in breaking into one of the most dynamic industries in Canada, we want to meet you.
It’s a great opportunity for a professional administrator with a minimum of 3 years’ accounts payable experience looking to work in a dynamic and high-performance team and industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Monitor the accounts payable inbox, scan invoices and statements, and all supporting documentation as necessary
- Manage electronic accounting documents, which includes: invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, vendor credit applications and other ad-hoc corporate documents
- Manage the creation and maintenance of vendor records
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer
- Check invoice approvals, including signatures, cost center and authority level
- Code invoices and employee expense reports to correct GL accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate with vendors and/or internal departments regarding discrepancies or issues
- Prepare bi-monthly payment runs, which includes: cheques, wire, EFT, etc.
- Perform bi-monthly credit card reconciliations, by working with stakeholders across the Company to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and proper documentation of all charges incurred
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names and data
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Support other Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects.
Desired skills and experience
- Over 3 years of accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required
- Previous experience with Quickbooks and Sage preferred
- Previous experience dealing with an ERP system, multiple entities and currencies a bonus
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high growth environment.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now