As our leading cannabis testing team continues to grow, Anandia is adding a Manager – Chemistry to provide leadership to a group of high-performing scientists and technicians. This role will encompass both management and hands-on activities on a daily basis, ensuring that our routine testing pipeline runs smoothly and the group is able to adapt to the needs of our evolving and growing client-base. Efficiency and strong leadership are a must for this role.
It’s a great opportunity for a motivated scientist with 5+ years’ experience looking to apply their management and technical skills in a rapidly growing industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Effectively manage, lead and mentor the team of chemists while managing the accurate and timely completion of testing and data reporting;
- Provide support during the execution of analytical test method transfer, optimization and validation;
- Perform analysis of cannabis samples by following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard test methods (STMs);
- Initiate changes to assure continuous improvement of analytical procedures (test methods, training modules, system SOPs);
- Maintain data integrity through QC and troubleshoot methods and equipment as required;
- Manage the implementation and execution of the quality system within the chemistry lab: documentation, sample control, CAPAs, and out of specification investigations;
- Oversee the creation, approval, training, and implementation of chemistry system SOPs, STMs, and training modules; ensure that all Chemistry staff are properly trained to perform duties prior to performing a function;
- Establish and support a culture of innovation, leadership, urgency, and client-centricity;
- Liaise with Anandia’s Account Management team to ensure timely responses to client needs;
- Support colleagues’ engagement and professional development across Anandia;
- Recruit top talent and support development and pipeline of employees in key positions;
- Perform analysis of cannabis samples by following SOPs and STMs;
- Ensure that the Chemistry laboratory facilities and operations are in compliance with Safety and Environmental regulations, including chemical handling and disposal of laboratory waste. Report Health and Safety incidents, accidents or potential hazards; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of MSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline, together with 5+ years of experience in a regulated pharmaceutical or other relevant setting;
- Expertise utilizing HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and GC-MS techniques;
- Knowledge and experience with Waters’ MassLynx, Agilent’s OpenLab and Shimadzu’s GCMS solution chromatography software is an asset;
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership and management skills in a commercial setting;
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for sample tracking is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in analytical method development and validation for small molecules is an asset, particularly in the context of phytochemistry, natural products chemistry, or environmental toxicology;
- Strong understanding of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP is an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate with variety of audiences and collaborate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage timelines; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now