Results-oriented proactive Analytical Chemist / Project Manager to coordinate cannabis stability testing with our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. For this new position at Anandia, we are looking for a combination hands-on chemist & project manager who can multi-task and can thrive in a dynamic laboratory environment. If you have this mix of technical and project management skills and want to lead a new service offering in a dynamic regulated industry, this could be an ideal fit.
It’s a great opportunity for a motivated scientist with 5+ years’ experience looking to move their career forward in an exciting and ground-breaking industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Working with the Director – Laboratory Operations and the Quality Assurance (QA) team, plan, implement, and monitor stability testing of cannabis products in accordance with the ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline Q1A(R2);
- Implement of new analytical methods;
- Prepare detailed, product-specific assessment proposals and protocols;
- Together with the QA team, ensure stability testing is carried out in accordance with specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements;
- Analyze cannabis samples according to established SOPs and standard test methods (STMs)
- Support and work collaboratively with other Anandia business units to meet business targets and client objectives;
- Write technical reports and documents for clients;
- Coordinate required maintenance, calibration, and qualification of equipment and instruments, as required; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of MSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality Control in pharmaceutical laboratory environment or equivalent;
- 3+ years project management experience;
- Hands-on experience managing and/or developing stability studies compliant with the ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline Q1A(R2)
- Experience and/or understanding of analytical methods utilizing HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and GC-MS;
- Knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP;
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems for sample tracking is an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel; and
- Ability to work independently, be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to adapt to rapidly changing priorities under the demands of business conditions and deadlines.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now