We’re looking for a professional and friendly Administrative Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced environment to support our high-performing team. Anandia is Canada’s leading cannabis testing services company and we are growing! Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day activities including general reception duties, procurement and office administration.
It’s a great opportunity for a motivated administrative professional with 5+ years’ experience looking to move their career forward in an exciting and ground-breaking industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Receptionist duties, including answering phone calls, directing inquiries to the appropriate contacts and providing information by phone;
- Present the company in a manner which portrays it in a respectable image;
- Manage/support with calendar, meetings, appointments, travel and other arrangements;
- Organize company events;
- Prepare reports, memos, and documents, as requested;
- Coordinate/support Human Resources activities, as requested;
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically;
- Manage office and kitchen supplies, including ordering, restocking, and tracking against the budget;
- Maintain electronic and back up filing systems as well as records management and related procedures;
- Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Desired skills and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an Administrative Assistant role;
- Certificate or college diploma in administration or another related field is considered an asset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Adaptable and comfortable with shifting priorities, evolving processes and growing teams (you thrive in an environment of change and evolution!);
- Comfortable with taking direction;
- Discretion with confidential information is a must;
- Proficiency in the use of computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office suite knowledge, with advanced Word and PowerPoint;
- Familiar with using office equipment such as photocopier, scanner, etc;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and ability to exercise independent judgment; and
- Excellent communication skills, both in oral and written.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now