As a rapidly growing analytical testing company serving the cannabis industry, Anandia’s business development team is adding a new member to help us scale and deliver the best results to our clients across Canada and around the world. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building relationships and working in the fast-paced cannabis industry.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in both account management and sales and is looking to grow their career. Join us as we expand across Canada with our new Toronto location and expand nationally and internationally over the next few years. This position will be based in the Greater Toronto Area, but will work closely with our headquartered team, based in Vancouver.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Manage client accounts and build relationships on an ongoing basis, including making client visits regionally and across Canada;
- Generating new sales leads for analytical testing and other services;
- Manage incoming requests and calls, responding to as many inquiries as possible and referring others to other staff where required;
- Registering new clients, including exchange of required paperwork to ensure compliance and execution of related contracts;
- Liaise with Anandia’s Testing Team to ensure that clients’ technical questions are answered in a timely and fulsome manner;
- Assist with coordination and represent Anandia at various tradeshows and industry events;
- Hosting and touring clients at Anandia’s facilities from time to time; and
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an account management or sales role;
- Science background preferred, and experience working in a scientific, research or cannabis industry setting is an asset;
- Team player; this role will require significant integration with Anandia’s business development and testing teams to provide clients with information quickly and effectively;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is a must;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks;
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems;
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work remotely from other parts of the team and under moderate supervision;
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive nature – willingness to learn and understand details of the complex global cannabis industry;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment;
- Willingness to work a flexible work schedule;
- Willingness to travel; and
- French language skills an asset.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now